Chocolate Truffles Recipe
Chocolate truffles are the ultimate indulgence. The creamy (almost buttery) chocolate is rolled into balls then coated in a dusting of cocoa powder, nuts, or sprinkles!
Truffles are surprisingly easy to make and perfect for any special occasion. If you love truffle recipes as much as we do, make sure to also check out these White Chocolate and Mint truffles!
Amazingly Delicious Chocolate Truffles
These chocolate truffles are a deliciously decadent treat and the perfect two-bite indulgence. Even though they’re very easy to make, they make every occasion feel special. They also make great gifts packaged in a pretty box!
What Is a Chocolate Truffle?
Truffles are indulgent treats. They’re made by rolling chocolate ganache into balls then dusting them with cocoa powder or chopped nuts. And don’t worry if chocolate ganache sounds complicated. It’s only a fancy word for chocolate that’s been melted in heavy (whipping) cream.
How To Make Easy Truffles
Chocolate truffles are the perfect dessert to make for a special occasion (like Valentine’s Day!), yet they’re so simple to make that you can enjoy them all year round. Making homemade chocolate truffles is really easy!
- Pour some warm cream over chopped chocolate. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Now do nothing! It’s important to let the chocolate and cream sit undisturbed for a few minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add the vanilla and stir the chocolate then put the bowl into your fridge.
- Once the ganache has hardened, scoop it into balls then roll the balls in cocoa powder, nuts, or sprinkles.
Favorite Truffle Toppings
The fun part about making chocolate truffles is choosing what to roll them in. Here are a few of our favorite things to make them look pretty:
- Cocoa powder: Traditional.
- Sprinkles: so many color options.
- Finely chopped nuts: pecans, pistachios, and walnuts are popular.
- Sanding sugar: makes them sparkly.
- Edible gold dust: for a glam look.
- Sweetened coconut: desiccated works best.
- Crushed dehydrated strawberries: pink and perfect for Valentine’s Day!
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cooling Time 2 hours
Total Time 2 hours 30 minutes
Servings 38 Truffles
Chocolate truffles are the ultimate indulgence. The creamy (almost buttery) chocolate is rolled into balls then coated in a dusting of cocoa powder, nuts, or sprinkles.
Options for Rolling the Truffles:
- cocoa powder
- finely minced nuts
It’s easiest (and the least messy) if you roll all the truffles into balls before you roll the balls in the toppings you choose. If you use nuts or sprinkles, roll each truffle a few times in your hand to soften the chocolate before rolling them in the nuts of sprinkles. It will help the toppings stick. This extra step isn’t necessary if you use cocoa powder.
Calories75kcal (4%)Carbohydrates4g (1%)Protein1g (2%)Fat6g (9%)Saturated Fat4g (20%)Trans Fat1gCholesterol9mg (3%)Sodium4mgPotassium69mg (2%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar2g (2%)Vitamin A96IU (2%)Vitamin C1mg (1%)Calcium11mg (1%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.